Maharashtra: A Must-Visit State In India
Essay on Maharashtra in English India is a diverse nation. Here, different types of people live in different states. There are many states in India. Among them, Maharashtra is one of the second largest states in the country according to the population. If we talk about the wealthiest state in India, then the name of Maharashtra comes on the top with an average per capita income of 5.4 million in the year 2010-2011.
The capital of Maharashtra is Mumbai (Bombay), which is renowned for its fashion, beaches, the Gateway of India, and a lot more. The official language of this state is Marathi. It shares borders with six states including Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Goa, and Karnataka.
Maharashtra has a rich and diverse heritage and culture. Its name itself suggests that it is one of the greatest lands and it comes from two words, Maha meaning Great and Rashtra meaning Nation. Here, people have different religions and enjoy social activities.
It is a combination of well-diverse cultures and democracy. Its 90 percent of the population belongs to the Hindu community and the remaining 10 percent covers Sikhs, Jains, Muslims, and Buddhists. There are both plain and hilly areas, which comprise the topography of this state.
Essay on Maharashtra in English
What is the history of Maharashtra?
Maharashtra has been the home of the Maratha Empire in the 18th Century. This Empire includes the Gaekwads, Scindias, Holkars, Bhonsles, and Peshwas. It is also the birthplace of renowned Maratha warrior, Shivaji Maharaj, who discovered Guerrilla Warfare.
The Maratha Empire defeated the Mughals when they had power. But after the downfall from Ahmad Shah Abdali in 1761 in the 3rd war of Panipat, the Maratha Empire failed.
Social and economic status
Known as the richest state of the country, its capital is considered the financial capital of India. There are thousands of industries available here, which give employment to millions of people residing there and coming from different areas of the country.
The categories of the industry are the Iron and Steel Industry, Electrical Machinery, and Pharmaceuticals. The majority of the private and government banks and financial organizations have their headquarters based in Mumbai. Even, there are mineral resources available, which include Chromite, Iron Ore, Bauxite, Natural Gas, Coal, and Oil.
Wheat, pulses, Jowar, and rice are major agricultural products that are grown in Maharashtra. Here, we can find Alphonso mangoes, which are popular in the entire world apart from that, Cavendish Banana and Pomegranates are the main fruits grown in Maharashtra.
Also Read: Deepawali Essay
Tourist destinations in Maharashtra
At the same time, Maharashtra is also popular for its huge variety of tourist destinations, which are not popular in the country. Even, they are world-famous. The location of Maharashtra seems to be very unique, which is why this state is blessed with beautiful flora and fauna. The Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats make this state a habitat for biodiversity.
People from different parts of the world come to explore the beauty of this state as there are lots of monuments and temples. Its capital city, Mumbai is also considered the Manhattan of India. Mumbai is also home to the Bollywood or Indian Film Industry. While visiting this state, people can explore a variety of tombs, monuments, beaches, and temples. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Siddhivinayak Temple, Mumbai
- Haji Ali, Mumbai
- Marine Drive, Mumbai
- Afzal Khan Tomb, Mahabaleshwar
- Alibag Beach
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Aurangabad
- Gateway of India, Mumbai
- Pandharpur Temple, Solapur
- Mahalakshmi Temple, Kohlapur
- Nagaon Beach
- Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik
- Shanivar Wada, Pune
- Mumbai Museum
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- The Rajiv Gandhi National Park
- Saline Water Lake, Buldhana district
- Taj Palace Hotel, Mumbai
- The Krishna Temple, Pandharpur
Well-known Personalities of Maharashtra
It has always been a land of warriors. It has a speechless history. Talking about its history, we cannot ignore the popular characters of Maharashtra, who played a very significant role in its foundation. Know them:
- The most popular personality known for the foundation of the Indian Constitution is Dr. Baba Sahib Ambedkar. He belonged to Maharashtra and he was the person who fought for many backward communities.
- When it comes to the sports industry, there are huge names who live on the land of Maharashtra including Sachin Tendulkar, Ravi Shastri, Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Vinod Kambli, etc.
- In its capital city, Mumbai, the film industry of India is present, where many artists and film stars live.
- Talking about the political sector, many personalities belong to Maharashtra including Pramod Mahajan, Bala Saheb Thackrey, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Sharad Pawar, and many others.
- Namdev and Sant Tukaram are the religious personalities belonging to Maharashtra. They fought against the orthodox mentality in society.
Well-known fruits grown in Maharashtra
This state has its popularity in the whole world because of its fruit production. In different districts and cities of Maharashtra, there is a good amount of fruits to be grown. The popular cities of this state, which are well-known for the production of fruits are mentioned below:
- Alphonso Mangoes are grown in Ratnagiri and such mangoes are famous across the nation. Hapoos are another type of mangoes available.
- Jalgaon and Solapur are popular for the production of bananas. Jalgaon is known as the banana capital of the country as it produces more than 15 percent of the total banana production in India.
- Nagpur has a huge production of oranges and mangoes.
- Nasik is famous for grapes. It has got the tag of the wine capital of Maharashtra. All over the country, Nasik supplies grapes in bulk.
- Mahabaleshwar, a hill station in Maharashtra, is popular for the production of strawberries.
Festivals celebrated in Maharashtra
In this state, people celebrate different types of festivals throughout the year. Ganesh Chaturthi is a famous festival in Maharashtra. Other festivals are:
Maharashtra is called a colorful state as it has many social and religious festivities to be celebrated throughout the year.
Conclusion: Few Lines on Maharashtra
Maharashtra is a huge and integral part of the country. It is one of the developed states of India in many ways like religious places, tourist attractions, employment opportunities, the Bollywood industry, etc.
This is an essay on Maharashtra in English, From this entire article, we cover information regarding essay on Maharashtra state in English, essay on Maharashtra culture as well as 10 lines on Maharashtra in English. If found anything missing let us know by commenting below. For more info kindly visit us at wikiliv.com